We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Salerno for family vacation

canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Salerno for family vacation

I've nearly convinced myself that we should stay in Salerno instead of Positano. We are traveling with a 6 year old and I think the amount of climbing to be done in Positano is going to frustrate her. It also seems more likely we will find more family friendly restaurants and parks/playgrounds in Salerno?

Anyways, I was wondering if I should avoid staying down by the waterfront - how is road noise late at night and early in the morning?

Same question about staying near the cathedral - when should I expect to hear church bells?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,558 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying in Salerno for family vacation

It can be very hot in early June - don't rule that possibility out; last summer's early June was extremely hot as was the entire summer there.

I have nothing against Salerno but for the OP's plans, just seems to make sense to actually be on the Amalfi Coast - as I said there are other beaches/villages not as hilly as Positano and as Kathy says, one can stay at beach level in Positano; a more budget option is the Hotel Pupetto on the lovely Il Fornillo beach, about an 8 minute flat walk along the sea from the main beach in Positano:

http://www.hotelpupetto.it/en/ - It is right at the beach/sea and has a lovely restaurant and also small little "shacks" that are open in season - it is my favorite of the Positano beaches -

Mentioned in this post
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
12. Re: Staying in Salerno for family vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2017, 00:17