We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night travel between towns

London, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Late night travel between towns

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a hotel in Sorrento for the entire week that I'll be in Italy in mid-March (Sat. 15th thru Friday 22nd).

Can anyone tell me how difficult it will be to get back to my hotel if I spend a late night (let's say 11pm or midnight) in another town like Positano or Amalfi? Do buses or trains run late (and if so, how late?)? Are taxis easy to get?

I'd appreciate any info. I'm worried that staying in Sorrento the whole week might make it the only town that I get to spend an evening in.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,678 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night travel between towns

The timetable for the Amalfi Coast does not look too promising, but plenty going on in the evening in Sorrento, quite a lively Town

summerinitaly.com/planning/public_transporta…

2. Re: Late night travel between towns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2011, 15:23
London, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night travel between towns

That is a great link - thank you.

Given that buses aren't going to work, does anyone know how difficult it would be to get a taxi from one of these towns back to Sorrento at 11pm?

4. Re: Late night travel between towns

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2008, 18:04
5. Re: Late night travel between towns

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 02:18