We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

3 posts
Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

Hi all,

I'm trying to get to Termini from FCO, I've been reading up on alot of things posted around. Unfortunately my flight lands at 10:55pm at FCO from Catania (presumably a small flight), I'm aware that the local subway closes at 11:30pm, so my questions are the following:

1. Does TAM/SIT bus have stands in the airport from which I can buy tickets? Or does it have to be ordered in advanced online? Are the prices different online vs. in-person?

2. Do you guys think I'll make it to the subway by 11:30pm? I'm not familiar with whether arrival times are often delayed etc. or how long it'll take to unload luggage (Small flight, so maybe not too long?)

Currently debating whether to book a bus ticket now? Or wait until I get to the airport then choose between the subway or the bus accordingly... Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks for the help :)

9 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,842 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

Have you checked bus times www.tambus.it/p/orari.htn

Taxi 48 euro

Italy
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
2. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

There is no metro at the airport. There are two different trains.

If you buy your ticket in advance you're stuck with that company. Better to buy when you get to the airport. I think it'll cost you €1 more but worth it.

Do you need to go to Termini?

3 posts
3. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

Hi,

Yes I have checked the hours, I know it works past the time for the Metro

Also yes, I do need to reach Termini, my hostel is 5 minutes from there :)

Would it be quite easy to navigate the airport? As in to find trains/busses etc etc

Italy
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
4. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

Yes it's easy.

For the bus go down to the bus station. Below T3 IIRC.

For the train you need to follow the signs for the train stations

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
410 posts
215 reviews
5. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

UBER works fantastically in Rome they are all chauffeur drivers, speak english and professional check how much it will cost you on UBER website this would be the best way although you should call once you have collected your luggage

Best

United States
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
1 review
6. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

Disregard Post #5 - it is extremely misleading.

Uber does NOT operate in Rome - ONLY Uber Black. Uber Black is more expensive than Uber and some of their rates from the airport can be horrendously expensive especially when compared vs the flat rate of taxis or the several exceptional private car services available in Rome which are competitive with the flat taxi rate.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

Take the TAM bus, Conan. We took it from Termini to FCO, and when the bus arrived at Termini, the bus driver was asking the passengers what hotel they are staying and offered help with directions. The stop is at T3 and pay the driver 7 euros.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

Take the TAM bus, Conan. We took it from Termini to FCO, and when the bus arrived at Termini, the bus driver was asking the passengers what hotel they are staying and offered help with directions. The stop is at T3 and pay the driver 7 euros.

3 posts
9. Re: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation

Thanks everyone for the help!

Reply to: Rome - FCO to Termini Transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted