We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

New Jersey
Level Contributor
216 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

Hi, I reserved the guided tour to the Colosseum through the coopculture.it website. So I have a time when my tour is scheduled to start. I didn't purchse the tickets when I was booking the tour because I wasn't sure if I'll buy the Roma pass or not. I decided against the Roma pass for our family. So, should I simply buy the open ticket to Colosseum? I shouldn't stand in regular line if I have a tour reserved, correct? TIA

11 replies to this topic
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

It depends on the time of your tour.

The open admission tickets only allow to enter the colosseum after 2 p.m. If your tour time is later than this, then the open ticket will be fine, but if your tour time is earlier than 2 p.m. you will not be able to use it to access your tour. You would need to book a timed entrance ticket for a time earlier than your tour.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,809 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

You can buy your entrance ticket onsite if that's easier. Just show your reservation to the guards, go through security then go to the events desk to check in for the tour and buy your entry ticket. Your tour confirmation allows you to go to a specific line so you bypass the long line of those waiting to purchase entry tickets.

Donna

New Jersey
Level Contributor
216 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

Thanks for your replies! There are no timed entrances left for my dates. And I

was hoping to visit Forum and Palantine hill the day before (this Thursday). So what do you think I should I do?

Traverse City, MI
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

I have been trying to obtain guided combined Underground tour tickets to the Colosseum in October and was waiting until the first Monday in September to try to book them. I just went to the Colosseum's website and it appears those tickets went on sale already and are completely booked! Did they recently change the sale procedures again? Is there any way to still get into an underground tour in early October?

United States
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

Dorenejim:

A notice was posted on the official website that the quarterly ticket release would occur on August 20th. It was also posted on this forum in a few threads.

The official website will release additional October tickets under the Monthly release on Sept 3rd. Note, it will probably be difficult because there will be a small number of tickets released on that day and I am sure there are others that will have missed the quarterly release and show up on that day instead.

I would probably try for the Underground on Sept 3rd and then if I miss out, would instead book the Belvedere or regular Colosseum tour instead.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

Hi Rimma. If you're wanting to visit the Forum and Palatine the day before anyway, have you checked availability of the S.U.P.E.R. tickets for that day?

The S.U.P.E.R. tickets are valid for two consecutive days, and give two visits to the Forum/Palatine and one visit to the colosseum, at any time during the two days.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

Sorry, just noticed that you said you wanted to go to the Forum and Palatine on a Thursday, and the Houses of Livia and Augustus are not open on Thursdays, so you wouldn't be able to book a S.U.P.E.R. ticket starting on Thursday.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
216 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

Thanks for the suggestion! Well, I guess I could go to Forum and Palantine Hill on Saturday.. Would that work? This way, all I need is to just buy the Colosseum ticket when I show up for my tour.. Correct? Or should I still opt for a S.U.P.E.R ticket?

Traverse City, MI
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

I didn't notice anything on the website with ticket information that monthly combined tour tickets will go on sale. Did I miss something?

Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour

Dorenejim:

Post 525. This info was straight from the official website. It was also posted in a few other threads on this forum. As I stated in the prior post, try for the additional October tour tickets on Sept 3rd.

https:/…94218022

Reply to: Tickets to the Colosseum with a guided tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted