We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Train from Rome Termini to Chiuisi"

Victoria Australia
2 posts
1 review
"Train from Rome Termini to Chiuisi"

My first trip to Italy in 7 weeks time!!

Can anyone help with these questions? Staying in Rome for 4 nights, then will catch train to chiusi to pick up hire car for 1 week (Siena and exploring Tuscany). Are we best to pick up car in Chiusi and drive to Siena where our accomodation is about 8 klm's from Siena, or should we just change trains at Chiusi and go by train to Siena and pick up hire car there? What would be easier? Am nervous about driving in Italy? What's it like

Thanks,

Kay.

Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
86 Reviews
from US$526.20*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,304 Reviews
from US$72.70*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,197 Reviews
from US$57.40*
London, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: "Train from Rome Termini to Chiuisi"

Hi Kay,

Driving in Italy outside the bustling cities like rome and milan or naples is very easy. Personally I would stop in chiusi, wander around the small little town and maybe have a nice lunch. Then slowly drive to Siena. I've checked the map and it is less than 80 kilometers, roughly a 1 hour and half drive while you can enjoy in full the amazing hills and the Tuscan environment, stopping wherever you like to take pictures.

Ciao

Nancy Aiello

Victoria Australia
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: "Train from Rome Termini to Chiuisi"

Thank's Nancy,

Will take your advice and do that. I can't wait, as I am travelling with my 4 sisters ( ages 46 to 52 ). This is our second sister trip. First was for just 8 day's in Tasmania, Australia 2 years ago, so we are really going to enjoy this holiday together. If you have any other tips, let me know. From Siena we drive up to Varenna (Lake Como) where we stay for 1 week and go to visit a relative who lives just 10 or 20 mins drive east of Sondrio, that we have never met. He doesn't speak much english, so I hope we can understand each other. We all so look forward to seeing Italy. Also, is it enough time from Rome to see Pompei on a day trip?

Thank's again, Kay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: "Train from Rome Termini to Chiuisi"

Hi Kay,

I am sure you and your sisters will enjoy Italy and have a great holiday. A day trip from Rome to Pompeii could be done either by car or Train, check TA for tips, but I usually suggest when you only have one day to visit Ostia excavations instead. It is close to Rome, it's a very nice and very well preserved site, not crowded at all, and you can easily get an English speaking guide at the entrance.

With regards to Como I can only say that it's a beautiful town, great food and the lake it's amazing, George Clooney got a huge villa there.

Wish you a wonderful trip:-)

Ciao

Nancy Aiello

4. Re: "Train from Rome Termini to Chiuisi"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 01:19