We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

colosseum tickets april 14

Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
colosseum tickets april 14

i'm trying to buty tickets online for april14 and the website says "none available".

Does anyone have any idea why that ir-would they really be sold out?

Thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

They are not sold out. That is during culture week when entry is free.

Donna

Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

Thanks. Suggestions for best time and place to minimize long lines?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

Best time and place for what? There is only one entrance to the colosseum.

Donna

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

I just found following on tickitaly.com/tickets/colosseum-tickets.php

“Although you are visiting during the Settimana della Cultura, the Ministry of Culture has decided not to offer free entry to the Colosseum. Our standard ticket prices apply. (Click here for more information)”

The link “click here….” leads to more information

Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

Does anyone know if the site above is legitimate. There are still no tickets available on the official site and on the tickitaly.com site they sem to be higher priced. Thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

I have not heard that the colosseum will not participate in Culture week. I'm sure if this were true someone would have announced it here or on other forums.

The official site to buy tickets for the colosseum is the Omniticket site. They are not selling tickets during Culture week because the entry is free.

If you wish to purchase tickets from the other vendor I would see what their return policy is just in case you get to Rome and discover the entry is indeed free.

Donna

7. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2012, 10:43
Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

There is still no reason to buy Colosseum tickets from Tickitaly. The combination Colosseum/Roman Forum/Palatine Hill ticket for 12 Euro can be bought without surcharge at the Forum or Palatine ticket office, where lines are always much shorter than at the Colosseum.

I've read the various documents posted in the Tickitaly blog. The decision to exclude the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill from free admission during Culture Week was made by the Ministry for Cultural Affairs at the request of the Regional Committee for Ticket Services. I suspect that labour relations and/or internal politics have more to do with it than the security of visitors.

Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

Any word whether the underground tour will be open by then?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: colosseum tickets april 14

No word on the underground as of yet. Just keep checking the official site and not resellers like the one above.

www.ticketclic.it/Gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

Donna

Edited: 02 April 2012, 08:03