We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culture Week 2014

Kingsland, Georgia
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Culture Week 2014

Wondering if anyone knows the exact dates for Culture Weel 2014?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Culture Week 2014

They generally don't announce it very far in advance. Last year it was canceled for lack of funds, and it may be canceled again this year.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Culture Week 2014

I saw a billboard announcing Culture Week as being the 30 March-4 April. However, when I tried to find information online, I wasn't able to find anything. If what I saw was correct, it does look like the events will not be free, but they didn't seem to cost more than about €3.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Culture Week 2014

If this is true I'm ridiculously happy as we fly into rome for a week on 30th!!! :)

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Culture Week 2014

It looks like a six-day week! It runs from Sunday to Friday, leaving out Saturday.

I also can't find anything online for this year, but I know that in the past, the announcements came just a short time before the event.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Culture Week 2014

I assume things like the colloseum underground tour etc will still be the usual price even if it is culture week? So I should go ahead and book these still rather than waiting for confirmation either way...?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Culture Week 2014

The one time I went to the Colosseum during Culture Week (several years ago) admission was free. You still needed a ticket, which we got on the spot. I think that if you want to reserve your entry, to avoid a possible queue for tickets, I believe you'd have to call them to reserve it, telling them that you'll pay for the ticket when you arrive. Or, they might know how much it will cost, and can sell you the ticket over the phone.

One problem with phone reservations is that sometimes they get the email address wrong. They speak English, but when an English speaker says "a", they may automatically write "e", and so forth.

San Diego
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Culture Week 2014

Hoping AZ2Rome is correct, but this says later in April:

budgettravel.com/blog/…

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Culture Week 2014

That blog refers to the 12th annual Culture Week, which was in 2010.

I wish they'd put dates on these things, but they don't want people to know their spiffy blogs are outdated.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Culture Week 2014

Thanks bvlenci.

I just wondered if anyone has seen/heard anything more on this? I've been keeping my eye on the benicultura website but the only thing I've seen relates to "Museum week" beniculturali.it/mibac/export/MiBAC/sito-MiB…

Is this something the city usually does? Or could it be a replacement for the usual culture week?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Culture Week 2014

It could be the sustitute for Culture Week. I don't see any mention of free admission, though. In fact, after following several links, I still don't understand what it does entail. If they're only disseminating information via tweets, they've lost me.