We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All #2 trails are closed?

Louisville, Kentucky
4 posts
Save Topic
All #2 trails are closed?

I checked the latest status in the website below and seems all the #2 trails are closed:

parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_parco.asp…

Is it a reliable information?

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All #2 trails are closed?

If you are coming this afternoon, yes.

There was a terrible torrential downpour around 11am and all of the trails were closed for safety reasons. This is a great example of how these things can change based on weather, and there is no way of knowing for certain in advance what trails are open and what trails are closed until you get here.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All #2 trails are closed?

Dear cm28,

Thanks for your quick reply. I was planning for the weekend visit Saturday and Sunday.

I was hoping that at least the trail from Monterosso - Vernazza will be open.

Please correct me if I am wrong - this trails between Monterosso - Vernazza has been restored and usually open provided the weather condition is good?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All #2 trails are closed?

It seems to have been closed for some time now.

The website you are looking at is usually very accurate and kept up to date, so trust it for current information.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All #2 trails are closed?

Provided the weather is good the trails will be open, unless they are doing maintenance and cleaning the trails. Stone paths on the sea take a beating and we've had quite a bit of rain this winter, so that stretch might be closed here and there during the off season as they work towards getting it back into good condition for when the tourist season starts.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All #2 trails are closed?

I am planning a late June visit and trying to plan where to stay - Levanto or Manarola. I was going with Manarola because of the trail access opportunity. Are the higher more remote trails (than #2) that may be open, much more difficult, steep, rugged? Do they have great views? It sounds like #2 should be open in the sections closer to Levanto barring any more storm damage. But no guarantees on #2 being open going either way from Manarola? Please give me any advice on likelihood trails would be open then. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All #2 trails are closed?

It is impossible to say what trails will be open in June. In many places, the trails are quite narrow paths cut out of steep and unstable slopes. The National Parks staff try to keep the trails open, but any of them can be closed at any time by weather or landslide.

7. Re: All #2 trails are closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 00:24
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre