We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lower Town

Hereford
Level Contributor
341 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Lower Town

Hi visiting Bergamo for a football match, I explored citta alta on a previous visit and stay, with a few hours to fill after the game before a train is there much worth exploring or visiting in the lower town, particularly bars, restaurants or streets or architecture. I like walking and soaking up a place. Is there a section particularly worth exploring!

Mentioned in this post
Bergamo
Bergamo
Province of Bergamo, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,710 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lower Town

There are two fine old suburbs in Citta Bassa, namely around Via Pignolo and Via Borgo Palazzo in the east, and Via Sant'Alessandro in the southwest. Go to Google Maps, switch to satellite view, and the structures of the old quarters are easy to distinguish.

I also recommend, if you haven't done this already, taking the funicular up to San Vigilio.

Edited: 18 January 2018, 05:26
Mentioned in this post
San Vigilio
San Vigilio
Marebbe, Italy
Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
11,697 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lower Town

Hi!

@Blandine has given you some good advice. Take a look here too:

http://www.visitbergamo.net/en/lower-bergamo/

Bye ☺

Hereford
Level Contributor
341 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lower Town

Thank you both so much, I've made a circuitous route from railway station to stadium and then return based on your help and staying in the lower town. Hope to visit the Torre dei caution and up to stadium from there via some older streets. Found a craft beet place near stadium for post match drink that looks fun!

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
11,697 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lower Town

You're welcome. Enjoy your stay!

Edited: 18 January 2018, 09:51
Reply to: Lower Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted