We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel outside Milan centro

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
9 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel outside Milan centro

We are finishing up a long driving trip, coming in from Aosta on Thursday and leaving the Malpensa airport on Saturday, and would like to go to the Duomo and The Last Supper on Friday but we don't want to drive into Milan. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel outside the downtown area where we could park the car and get a taxi or take the Metro into the center of the city? We really really don't want to drive downtown Milan but we don't want to miss these two sites. Thank you soooo much.

NY
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel outside Milan centro

I am sure someone will suggest such a hotel, but did you consider turning the car back in and taking the train to Milan and get a hotel closer to the center, or even near Milan central station? Or just returning it once you get to Milan? This might be the best even if you still have to pay for those last days for the car - I know sounds wasteful, but the car rental might just be a sunk cost..

As you already figured out, a car will be worse than useless those last two days when you are in Milan and you can get to the airport by public transport on Sat.

Anyway, just a (maybe small) thought.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel outside Milan centro

I agree with TravelSmith give the car back at either linate or Malpensa airport then get the bus from Linate or the train from Malpensa into Milan and stay there for the remaining 2 nights.

3. Re: Hotel outside Milan centro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 00:19