We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake water temprerature in early October ?

Israel
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lake water temprerature in early October ?

We are coming to Piedmont in early October. I would like to stay in Orta San Giulio, enjoy the beaches of Orta and go to swim in the lake but I am afraid the water will be too cold. What is the water temperature in first days of October ? Do people go to swim ?

6 replies to this topic
Province of...
Level Contributor
90 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake water temprerature in early October ?

Hi Michael,

waters'lakes ars always cold... even now that there're about 30-35 Celsius degree!

Then October is a tricky month to go to lakes: if the sun shines during the day there're usually no more than 20 Celsius.If it rains.... cold and humid.

This works- generally speaking- for all Italian alpine lakes ( Como, Maggiore, Garda and Iseo too)

If you can , I'd suggest to anticipate your trip at the beginning of September and don'g worry about crowd: the Italian month for holidays is August.

Whatever period you'll choose... Orta is very beautiful 😀

Israel
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake water temprerature in early October ?

Thank you for the quick response. We are planning the trip in early October because of Sukkot holidays. We cannot move them :) 20C is borderline for me (and I swam in Maggiore in October some time ago) ... Anyway we can enjoy some hikes and beach walks.

Edited: 05 July 2017, 08:01
Province of...
Level Contributor
90 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake water temprerature in early October ?

Since you swam in Maggiore, which is bigger and colder than Orta.... no problem at all 😀

The temperature I wrote is an average.... but with this crazy weather.... everything can happen 😉

Enjoy Orta and holiday too

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
105,224 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake water temprerature in early October ?

The water temperatures might be colder than expected.

seatemperature.info/october/orta-san-giulio-…

goo.gl/rsqXuK

Vagabonda

Edited: 05 July 2017, 09:04
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake water temprerature in early October ?

Brave man...but it sounds like you're used to it !

Whatever about taking a quick dip in the lake, it's unlikely the weather will be warm enough to hang around the beach much - but there are plenty of other thing to do, especially if you've got a car.

Israel
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake water temprerature in early October ?

Thank you all for the replies.

Reply to: Lake water temprerature in early October ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orta San Giulio