We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Stresa to Orta

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Stresa to Orta

Looking for the schedule for the direct bus from Stresa to Orta in the summer but can't seem to find anything online. Does anyone know where I can find this information.

Thanks!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,475 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Stresa to Orta

This service used to be run by www.safduemila.com but its website does not list it at the moment.

NY
Level Contributor
3,675 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Stresa to Orta

You might ask in the Stresa train station when you arrive, but one time when I asked they gave me the wrong information, the bus never showed

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Stresa to Orta

Here's the current timetable:

safduemila.com/files/2016.6.10-9.11-stresa-a…

The bus leaves from the boat terminal ('imbarcadero' on the timbetable)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Stresa to Orta

That timetable only gives times up to September 11th. Doe the timetable change after or no buses at all. Ive already booked the holiday and its the following week of September were going.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Stresa to Orta

Thank you!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,475 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Stresa to Orta

#4 - this service has always been seasonal i.e. June through September. There is no service at other times of year.

Note the key to interpret the service:

FER means Mon./Sat. service

GIOR means daily service

VEN means Friday only

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,325 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Stresa to Orta

After the summer bus ends, the easiest way is probably by train to Orta-Miasino station, in from only 1h 18 if you take the 07.42 departure.

But you have to change trains ar Cuzzago in the middle of nowhere, often with a long wait. And Orta-Miasino station is a bit of a walk from Orta San Giulio.

8. Re: Bus Stresa to Orta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2017, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Orta San Giulio