We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in Trentino

Which Trento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
5 posts
Save Topic
hotels in Trentino

I'm planning to ski in Trentino but don't know where to stay. The best way is near mountain but it will cost a much more, or not?! Does the price for renting an apartment in the end of February begin of March lower in that place?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in Trentino

Where exactly. Generally High season runs into March (1st or second week depending on resort)

Depends where you want to ski.

Local transport is basicaly split up into 2 regions. The area around Trento and out to Madonna di Campiglio and toward Val di Fassa comes under Trentino

ttesercizio.it/Orari/Extraurbano/Default.aspx

Everything north and east of Bolzano (covering Main Dolomites area - Ponte Gardena, Fortezza, Dobbiaco, Cortina, Val Gardena, Alpe di Siusi) comes under www.sii.bz.it

Examples

Trentino area

There is a bus service from Male to Madonna di Campiglio

…pegasus.it/OrariDiLinea/OrariDiDirettrice-E…

ttesercizio.it/Orari/Extraurbano/Default.aspx for local transport solutions in this area

Main Dolomites area

The 350 bus runs regularly from Ponte Gardena/Waidbruck to Val Gardena (every 40mins and takes ~ 35mins)

The 170 bus runs from Bolzano to Ortisei (~1h15)

The same bus only takes 40mins to Siusi (for Alpe di Siusi) and runs a lot more often (about every 30mins). The 170 doesn't always carry on from Siusi/Seis to Ortisei

www.sii.bz.it for local transport solutions in this area

Around Brunico is the ski area "Kronplatz".

http://www.kronplatz.com/en/

plandecorones.com/smartedit/documents/downlo…

Brunico has its own train station as does Valdaora, Perca and San lorenzo all of which have local access to the ski area.

Fortezza/Franzenfeste to Brunico by train is only 40mins.

Dobbiaco is only 35mins by train from Brunico

www.trenitalia.com for trains

If staying in Dobbiaco you can also get the local No. 445 bus to Cortina. Takes about 45mins

www.sii.bz.it for transport solutions for this area

Warsaw, Poland
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in Trentino

I'm planning to have vacation from 24/02/2012 till 02/03/2012 in Spain.

My plane will land in Bergamo and than I want to find really good mountain for skiing. Could you please recommend me the place for skiing that wouldn't be for high price. And the place for apartment near there.

Or tell me which graduation would be on these days.

Thanks!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in Trentino

Sorry but you have to be more specific

I suggest you use something like www.bergfex.com to first narrow down what type of place you wish to stay then come back and ask more specifc questions such as "I would like to ski at (name of resort) can anybody suggest cheaper accommodation"

i.e. from http://www.bergfex.com/trentino/ there are 25 different resorts of different sizes and costs and another 15 in Lombardy http://www.bergfex.com/lombardei/

Small place, less skiing - cheaper

Big place, more skiing - more expensive

Staying outside of any resort is always cheaper but you have the problem of getting to the lifts. If you have a car it is simpler

Depends how big a ski area you want and how you intend to get to the resort (Car or public transport) and how far/long you are willing to travel.

Are you only interested in Trentino??

e.g. The Val di Sole with various resorts (e.g Ponte di Legno/Tonale) is 120km from Bergamo airport but best done with a car.

www.valdisole.net/cms-01.00/articolo.asp…

lots of choices to stay and the "Skirama" skipass is also valid for Madonna di Campiglio

I suggest you use the resorts accommodation search to see how much you would have to pay

e.g.

www.valdisole.net/cms-01.00/articolo.asp…

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in Trentino

Also number of nights/arrival departure

Also do you have to get back to Bergamo (Airport) afterwards.

There is a fly-ski shuttle from Bergamo top various resorts. Mostly only saturday service although also sunday service to Val di Sole

www.flyskishuttle.com/start.php…

5. Re: hotels in Trentino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Trento