We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

Scottish Highlands...
3 posts
Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

Hi We arriving at Milan Malpensa airport on Sat 17th at 17.25 then return to catch at flight at 11.50am on Sat 24th of Dec 16. We are staying in the White Angle hotel in Cervinia & skiing for the week. I have been looking for transport for 2 to our hotel from the airport & return but can only find 1 transfer company which seems to be really expensive and can't find a bus/coach transfer service!? Can anyone please advise me on how to sort this problem out?

Thank you in advance.

17 replies to this topic
Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
59 reviews
11. Re: Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

Sorry, maths wrong in post 9.

215+90 = 305.

Incidentally, I note that going by the linked page in post 9, a private transfer both ways (for up to 3 people) would be 2x215= €415. That's cheaper than my link in post 7, though still pricey if you are comparing with a shared transfer.

On travel time, I think 2 hours is best case. Google Maps says typically 2-2.5 hours to drive from Malpensa to Cervinia, so for the driver that's a journey of 4-5 hours to get back to where they started.

sydney
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
12. Re: Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

Just made the booking. Really weird. It worked this time around. It did not want to do the return trip at the same rate but when I went to the next page it was all ok.

I hope that the booking is set in concrete but looking at some of the comments on feefo it looks ok.

Thanks for the feedback Ivanopinion.

Just on your second post I have had a lot of replies and I seem to recall that the link you gave was one of the high priced taxi offers. This process has never been as difficult as it has been this time around and I hope that Italy is not going to be visitor unfriendly as I came up against a similar brick wall with the lift company. Got that one sorted too but it was painful getting replies which seemed to be made by people who either had no idea of their own line of work or from people who did not care.

Fingers crossed. We are looking forward to visiting this lovely part of the world. Cheers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
13. Re: Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

Hello, Just wondering if anyone came to a conclusion whether Bus, airport shuttle or taxi was the better option. I'm doing the costings for a trip in January for 2 (maybe 3)people, and it works out to be cheaper/economical to hire a car and drive to Cervinia (or maybe a little more if you add the Petrol), but time saved. I will be looking to book a car for 13jan-19jan from Malpensa to Breuil-Cervinia. Agreed Rambotrader about the transfers, but was in Cervinia last year, I personally think you'll love it, fair dinkum. Might see you up there!

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
14. Re: Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

I have been looking too. 450 euro return for 1 adult and 2 kids. Car hire has got to be the way to go.

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
59 reviews
15. Re: Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

If you get one of the shuttles, it would be €270 (6x45). How does a hire car compare to that? With someone else driving, no need to worry about snow chains or parking or digging your car out of the snow to go home.

1 post
16. Re: Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

Pleased to hear everything sorted. We too struggled to find our way around the www.airportransferservices.com website but I think you will also find that the www.cerviniataxiservices.com website easier to navigate in terms of finding details of the shared scheduled buses. Both sites have the same timetables and costs. Each airport has 4 return scheduled buses running on both Saturdays and Sundays.We booked 2 single tickets from Milan Malpensar Airport to Cervinia for 10th March 2018 @ 45 Euro each and 2 single tickets from Cervinia to Turin for the 24th March 2018 @ 35 Euro each. Hope this assists anyone else interested.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
17. Re: Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return

Just to add that as of Easter 2018 transfers remain difficult. A family of 5 went down the Ravi route due to luggage, while 3 of us were better off hiring a car. One advantage of the resort is uncrowded pistes. This may be because of the difficulty of transfers. UK tour operators go via Turin.

Reply to: Dec' Transfer from Milan Malpensa Airport to Cervnia return
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted