We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

We need to know if we can take the gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back (round trip from Pointe Helbronner).

We will be going to Pointe Helbronner via SkyWay from Courmayeaur at the end of June 2017. We want to continue over the glacier towards Chamonix, and then back to Pointe Helbronner with the said gondola. If this is possible, is there a timetable for Pointe Helbronner? And how long takes the round trip? Thanks.

14 replies to this topic
FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
13,013 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

The gondola from Hebronner to the Aiguille du Midi operates in summer time only. It should be running at the time of your visit, but timetables and prices are not available on line at the moment.

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

Thanks. I am assuming we can take a round-trip Pointe-Helbronner->Aiguilledumidi -> back to Point Helbronner?... We need to get back to our car which we will be parking somewhere in Courmayeur, where this whole trip over the mountains starts.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,013 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

You can certainly get a roundtrip ticket. Or you could continue by cable car all the way to Chamonix - perhaps take a look at the town and get back to Courmayeur by bus.

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

Thanks again! We went to Chamonix last year and took the Aiguille du midi cable car up to the very top - 3800m. Unfortunately it was just after the accident with the Panoramic Mont Blanc's tangled cables and we could not explore the portion to Pointe Helbronner, which was closed.

We want to do it the other way around this year and take the new SkyWay to Pointe Helbronner from Italy, which should be fun. Then take the cable towards Aiguille du midi and back.

Oegstgeest, The...
5 posts
5. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

Hi all..

I want to ask something

Is it possible to take cable car from chamonix to la palud courmayeur?

Because i can only found the cable car until Helbronner. Can someone help me with the link from Helbronner to La PaLud Courmayeur? Time table and prices

2. Is it worthed to see Montenvers and Mer De Glace?

Thank you for your help.. I appreciated.

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

Yes, there is a cable car from Pointe Helbronner to Courmayeur in Italy (or vice-versa). It is called Skyway Monte Bianco. It was opened recently (2015), and we will be taking it this summer from Courmayeaur and back. It runs every 20 minutes.

Some links for you below, regarding timetable and prices - note that you have to select the English button on top right to see English text!

http://www.montebianco.com/orari.html

http://www.montebianco.com/tariffe.html

On Tripadvisor.com there is "Montenvers Mer de glace" as a tourist attraction in Chamonix and it has lots of recent reviews and ratings you can consult and get an idea if it is for you or not.

Hope this helps.

Oegstgeest, The...
5 posts
7. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

Thank you so much.

I will take a good look on it.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,013 posts
111 reviews
8. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

lizzie_travelers, when the summer timetables have eventually been uploaded on www.montblancresort.com you will see that it's possible to travel by cable car all the way from Chamonix to Courmayeur on a through ticket. It does not come cheap, but it sure is an experience. You can then return to Chamonix by bus.

Oegstgeest, The...
5 posts
9. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

Thank you so much. I will look it.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
10. Re: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?

Hi, we are planning a trip in Sept-2018 from Courmayeur like what you planned. If you made the trip in 2017, please advise your experience. I was not able to find schedule/price of the cable car yet. Thank you!

Reply to: Gondola from Pointe Helbronner to Aiguille du Midi and back?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted