We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time in Venice

New Hampshire, USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
First Time in Venice

Good day,

My husband and I are staying at the Molino Stucky Hilton in Venice on Giudecca. We are looking for some suggestions of things to do near by. Restaurants you would recommend? Cafes? Things to see in this area?

Thanks for any help.

Best Seller
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica...
431 Reviews
from US$75.70*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,615 Reviews
from US$78.00*
US$85.00
Best Seller
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,664 Reviews
from US$52.40*
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time in Venice

Really there is not a lot on the Giudecca, but the Hotel runs a shuttle which takes you across the Giudecca Canal to the Zattere, there is a lot more going on over there,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
19,148 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time in Venice

The Hilton Molino Stucky is on Giudecca island, not in the main city of Vencie so you will have to take either a water bus or the much more expensive private watere taxi or the Hilton's own launch when it is running across the very wide Giudecca Canal to Venice.

On Giudecca itself there are a couple of interesting churches - Redentore and Zitelle - plus a very small number of reasonable but not outstanding restaurants

New Hampshire, USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time in Venice

Thank you for your response.

I am at least hoping for some quaint cafes for breakfast on Giudecca. The Hilton charges $50 for theirs. Coffee and pastries are breakfast enough for me!

We were also hoping for a couple of cute places to have wine etc (close to the hotel, but not IN THE HOTEL!). It sounds like, there may be some of these places on Giudecca? Within walking distance?

Thanks again.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,167 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time in Venice

It sounds like you really need to buy and read a guide book on Venice. It will tell you about things to do, restaurants, and cafes; and will make it much easier for you to enjoy your time in this magic city.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,892 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time in Venice

I googled Restaurants Giudecca and got several hits

www.ourflatsinvenice.co.uk/index.php…

members.virtualtourist.com/m/e376/248e4/2/

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
298 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time in Venice

Well definitely try to stop in for a glass of wine at what has been long considered a local watering hole...Cantina do Mori. It is located in the area of San Polo near the Rialto market...It is rustic but typical italian and a great spot for some wine and cicchetti (little snacks). This is definitely off the beaten path and a chance to experience the real side of Venice.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time in Venice

I would not call Do Mori off the beaten track it is very near the Rialto,

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
298 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Time in Venice

It may be near Rialto; however, for someone that does not know it's there, it can be hard to miss. It's not necessarily a tourist trap.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Time in Venice

Let's hope it stays that way,

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
298 posts