We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommeded hotels in venice

liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
recommeded hotels in venice

Hiya

I am going to venice the last week of June for 3 nights. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel at a reasonable cost - less than 100E per night and no shared bathrooms! Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,126 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

You could try Ai Tagliapietra B&B, not far from St Mark's: www.aitagliapietra.com

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,792 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

100 euros per night is near the bottom of the market for Venice. Type B & B into the search box at the top of this page and see what might suit you.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

POssibly Ca Fontanea ...Its out of the main drag but the rooms are nice. Price wise last summer they were doing rooms for Eu80 . but it has changed hands.

liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

The hotels/B&Bs seem to be cheaper on the lido. Is it too far to stay here and travel into central venice each day? Is it worth paying a bit more for a hotel and save on transport to lido?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,891 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

The Lido is a 10 minute vaporetto ride from the rest of Venice. Try and pick a hotel near a vap stop and if that fits your budget better then go for it.

Buy a vap pass because separate rides are 6.50 and the pass will make it more affordable.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

No - Its a 20 min max boat ride to San Marco - and can be quicker if you get a more direct boat. If you get a travel pass they are good value - look at Venice Connected . I would aim for a b&B in the centre of Lido so you don't have too far to walk SM ELisabetta ( where the boats go from)

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,541 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

The is a good site for B&B's

bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com/bed_and_break…

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,891 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

Sorry Rosa, someone told me it was only 10min.

20 back and forth is more but at least you will have nice views of the city.

UK
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

I can recommend the Albergo Santa Lucia in Calle della Misericordia - simply furnished clean rooms some with en-suite bathrooms, handy location, friendly staff, breakfast served in a pretty garden.

www.hotelslucia.com

For a little more money our current favourite place to stay in Venice is the Hotel Hesperia in Calle Riello - rooms with a canal view, equally handy location, friendly, helpful staff.

www.hotelhesperia.com

Enjoy!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: recommeded hotels in venice

I liked Hotel Scandinavia (it's 3 stars) though I think it's a little more than 100 Euros a night. But it was a great hotel, good location (Campo Santa Maria Formosa, 5 mins from San Marco or Rialto) and great staff and good breakfast.

Bon Voyage!