We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

northampton, uk
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

Is there a Vaporetto that stops at both Murano & Burano so that it is possible to visit both islands in one day and do a round trip? If so where would you get on it in Venice and how long do the journeys take? Would it be possible to do both in one day or would it be too much of a rush. Trying to sort out our visit at the end of July and trying to pack in as much as possible!

Edited: 01 May 2011, 19:37
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,604 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

Yes the vap goes to Murano and Burano and nearby Torcello.

It makes a nice full day. It all really depends on how much time you have staying in Venice as there's a lot to do besides those islands.

"Packing in as much as possible" doesn't sound like a vacation in Italy though it sounds like a marathon run!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

I would love to know the easiest way to get from the cruise port to Murano. I've been to Venice several times... both by cruise and land trip, and I've never made it to Murano.

Thanks for any help.

UK
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

There are Destination Experts, who I'm sure will reply with detailed information, but you need to get to Fondamente Nove (Nuove) and you can get a vap to Murano from there. Then you can get another vap to Burano,and yet another to Torcello. There is also a DM vap (Murano Direct) that goes from the railway station (Ferrovia), I believe. It is all doable in a day, if you get an early start. And you may find time to stop at San Michele (the cemetery island), on the way to or from Murano, and find the tomb of Sonia Kaliensky in the Orthodox section.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,418 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

You would first have to get to Piazzale Roma,, from Stazione Marittima, first and then take the Number 42 Vaporetto to Murano

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
99,162 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

There is a good clear diagram of the vaporetto routes at hellovenezia.com/jspvenezia/…muoversi.pdf

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,418 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

................or

www.actv.it/pdf/navigazione/Mappa_linee.pdf

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
85 reviews
7. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

Does the 7 day vaporetto pass cover the trip to Murano and Burano and torcello?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,418 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

Yes it does cover all the Islands and the Lido,

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
92 reviews
9. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

It "should" be easy to walk to the Piazzale Roma bus stop from the cruise port, correct? I will not have luggage... this is just a day stop. But, I would like to go out to Murano if possible.

So from P. Roma I take #42 to Murano... How long is this journey (approx)?

northampton, uk
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Vaporetto to Murano & Burano

Thanks for all the answers, can anybody actually give me the vap No's needed to complete this round trip and where to get on/change etc.

Plus an idea of the journey times involved.