We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venetian Cookie Recipe

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
62 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Venetian Cookie Recipe

Wondering if any locals or experts might be familiar with the ubiquitous cookies seen throughout Venezia (and other cities) called either Pan del Pescatore or Moro?

Photos:

www.flickr.com/photos/brad-darren/6063710212/

www.flickr.com/photos/brad-darren/155786792/

I am not sure if these are Pan del Pescatore al Ciolatto or just a "Moro cookie?" I am trying to find a recipe to bake these at home and not having much lick finding these. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,272 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venetian Cookie Recipe

Will this do

cookiemadness.net/2010/05/pane-del-pescatore…

USA
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venetian Cookie Recipe

These look like the Moro cookies we had in Venice. (Doge cookies seemed to be a light/not chocolate version studded with almonds). The pane del pescatore, my favorite, I had were slightly greenish in color with dried fruit (raisins?) and/or candied citrus peel and some nuts. Sorry no recipe to offer. :-(

3. Re: Venetian Cookie Recipe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 07:15