We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
142 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

Not sure how much a water taxi costs from the airport.

What is the normal procedure. some said it is a 10

minute walk to the taxi. Also, heard that it cost 190 euro

for private transfers. Do you need private transfer or is it

easy to get water taxis? Thank you for any feedback.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

It is a walk but it is but iunder cover and flat,

Water Taxi cost approx €110 ,s0 still expensive but fast and direct, there is no need to book

There is a shared Water Taxi service but can invilve some waiting about,

see link

www.venicelink.com/index.php…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

Is that 110euro per person or per taxi for both of them?

This is so helpful thank you!

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,359 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

Per boat up to 6 people- that is an approximate cost..

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

OK so if there are 6 people in the taxi then you could spend as little as

18 euro per person? And if you do a group taxi do they stop at a lot

of stops? Sorry I am asking so many questions but none of my

friends seem to know much about water taxis..

london
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

Hi,

We took a shared water taxi last week from Marco Polo Airport to San Marco. We shared with two other couples, and had to wait approximately ten minutes for one of the couples to arrive. I think the water taxi firm works it so you don't have to wait for other couples longer than is acceptable - they seem to have some kind of rota so it all runs very smoothly.

We pre-paid £26 each to Expedia for the water taxi transfer, though I'm not sure if you can get it cheaper booking direct?

The walk from the airport was, as Sophie8 says, undercover, and it was surprisingly quick. It took about four minutes (if that) and there are signs as you walk along telling you how many minutes' walk you have left 4, 3. 2 etc....

The water taxi is very spacious (the driver puts all the luggage up front with him) and you can either sit inside the cabin on long white leather seats, or outside in the open back. I did both :) It's extremely exhilerating and great fun - and turning into the Grand Canal takes your breath away!

In our case, as there were just three couples the driver only had to stop off three times. We got off last at San Marco, but obviously the driver stopped off twice before to drop the other couples off before us. The driver will either drop you directly to your hotel if it's accessible, or to the nearest stop off point.

I hope that's helped.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,359 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

To clarify there are two types pf taxi rides. A private water taxi where you pay for the boat it is just for you and he goes from A to B as you require. The price I quoted is for the boat up to 6 people - so if there are 2 of you you still pay the same price !

Then there is the shared water taxi for which you pay per person and you might have stops on the way to drop other people off. It all depends on the day and the arrivals.

london
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

Hi Rosa,

Do you mean there are two different types of water taxi? The one we got directly outside the airport was a taxi for up to six people - although I'm sure it could have seated a few more. I was under the impression that you could just pay for the whole taxi for yourself, or share the cost with two other couples?

I didn't realise there were different taxis solely for yourself - they all looked the same to me?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

Water Taxis are the same craft whether is shared or one hired privately

They can hold more than 6 people

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

We used the shared water taxi last december and it worked perfectly, further to Sophie and Rosa posts, the taxi's are both the same size, and they can hold up to about 10/11 persons

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,359 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: water taxi airport to around Piazza San Marco

Yes to clarify I did put taxi rides. Taxis are licenced to take up to 11 in winter and 13 in the summer but on airport runs with luggage normally the max is 8-10