We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying In Sardinia

Huddersfield
2 posts
Buying In Sardinia

i am aiming to go over to Sardinia in the next month or so with a view of purchasing an apartment perhaps in or around Arghero

Could anyone kindly give me one or two pointers as to where the best place to look is ?, is buying in sardinia good investment ?

Whilst im not expecting spain is there more than one or two brits knocking about?

Tks

Alghero
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Buying In Sardinia

Melrich62,

Sardinia is an excellent place to invest for a host of reasons. Properties in the "Old Town" have the greatest potential for investment growth & letting potential, if you are interested in that aspect.

Better quality property in the right part of Alghero has appreciated by over 300% in the past 2 years.

As a first step, I would recommend you to make contact with Nicola Nieddu, an honest, and very reliable lawyer in Alghero, who speaks perfect English. He will give you an independent overview on the law, practices & procedures first - don't worry, it is quite simple. He was a great help to me, saved me more than 100,000 Euros & I have no hesitation in recommending him.

He can be contacted on:

Tel: 0039 079 2028031

Mob: 0039-347-9434693

mailto:nieddu.nicola@tiscali.it

As for an estate agent who speaks English and is totally honest, I would recommend:

Giulliano, at Immobiliare Progetto

Via Carlo Alberto, 129

Alghero

Tel: 0039-079-979873

If you would like to e-mail me privately on this site, I will give you a contact number & I will point you in the right direction.

Good Luck.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Buying In Sardinia

I bought an Apartment on Via Lido. The lawyer is essential if you don't have local knowledge, the system is very different from what I experienced in Ireland and I imagine the UK. I obviously reckon it is a good investment and as CentroStorico says prices have gone up. But like all property investment I wouldn't be looking for a quick buck. As long as RyanAir stay in Alghero I'd be confident prices will continue to increase there. I've also had dealings with Progetto Immobiliare and can reccommend them.

Where to look depends on what you want it for. Permanent move, , holiday home, rental. Prices in the old town are a lot higher than outside it and parking etc is restricted to residents. Not a big ex-pat community as far as I know but plenty of tourists.

south wales
Level Contributor
173 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Buying In Sardinia

Hi Melrich62

We bought a house in the south last year and when we were looking found the North to be dearer than the south and certainly in just ! year our house value has gone up by 50,000 euros already.

We are based outside a town with good access to a whole host of beaches but we are among locals, we have however met up with about 6 different families from the UK who live there.

It really depends what you are looking for and for what purpose but we bought ours through betadelta.it who were excellent.

We did have an italian lawyer and it did actually work out quite well you just need a lot of patience

Hope this helps

Huddersfield
2 posts
4. Re: Buying In Sardinia

Thank You for all of your comments

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
17,066 posts
72 reviews
5. Re: Buying In Sardinia

It is essential that you visit every estate agency in the area you are looking at, or at least the vast majority of them.

All agencies list properties on an exclusive basis, so you cannot know all that is on offer unless you visit them all.

Good Italian skills will be essential, if not yours, then bring along someone who can interpret for you.

6. Re: Buying In Sardinia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 12:16