We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a new Fiat 500

Salem Oregon
2 posts
2 reviews
Renting a new Fiat 500

We are flying into Cagliari Sardinia on the 14th of April and want to rent a new Fiat 500 for 1 week. Has anyone recently done this? Who did you rent from and did you have good results as far as rental and service and all. We live in Salem Oregon Thankyou

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
1. Re: Renting a new Fiat 500

A Fiat 500 is nothing out of the ordinary in Italy. It is a quite common car at the rental agencies. Check www.autoeurope.com - Fiat 500's are listed as an option. However, this does not guarantee that you will get one. Just as when renting in the US, there is the "or similar" line that indicates that another car model of the same size and type might be substituted if one model is unavailable.

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
127 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Renting a new Fiat 500

Hi there,

I agree with Cat7115; the Fiat 500 is the most common small rental car here and most companies offer them. I rented one last year through Europcar; they're quite good and if you specifically stipulate you want the 500 when you book, they'll keep one back for you; at least they did for me and I booked it for August, the busiest period

niagara
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Renting a new Fiat 500

We rented one from Avis at Rome airport in September 2011 and rented it for 10 days in south of Italy(was about $600CAN). We didn't reserve it ahead of time(had booked a Fiat Panda originally). We asked if they had any available when we got there and they happened to.

We scratched it up a bit and the Avis guy never blinked an eye when he looked it over upon our return(we had coverage for damages).

We had thought about buying one in Canada but it didn't have enough pep on the highway although it's a fun, sporty little car, great for inner-city driving.

4. Re: Renting a new Fiat 500

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:42
Get answers to your questions about Cagliari
Recent Conversations