We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in Seggiano near Castol del Piano, Province Grosseto

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A week in Seggiano near Castol del Piano, Province Grosseto

Hello,

So in less then 5 weeks after a year of planning we are in Tuscany for 10 days, first week staying at a Villa in Seggiano. Have read alot of what we should do but thought I would put it out to the locals to make sure we don"t miss the top 3 things. We have a car for 21 days, head to Florence for a few days after Seggiano then France with the final week in Barcelona.

Your input creatly appreciated.

The ColdCanuck who had a mild winter

Barberino Di...
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week in Seggiano near Castol del Piano, Province Grosseto

Seggiano is well located since it's on the border between Valdorcia and high Maremma. Both are two stunning areas that have much to offer. So I'd like to suggest you my preferences since I love both areas.

In Valdorcia, together with the famous Pienza,Montalcino and Montepulciano, I strongly suggest you visit Bagni Vignoni, beautiful thermal village, and San Quirico d'Orcia.

In Maremma go down the coast, reach the fishermen's village Talamone, and then move to Orbetello and down to Capalbio. In Capalbio visit the Tarot Garden, a magical place to me. It's a garden where you can admire large statue depicting the Major tarots by Niki de Saint Phalle.

If you have time visit Mote Argentario and its breathtaking landscapes!

hope it helps!

TooMuchVale

http://www.toomuhtuscany.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A week in Seggiano near Castol del Piano, Province Grosseto

thank you for your input. we are looking forward very much to our trip

Rome
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A week in Seggiano near Castol del Piano, Province Grosseto

Seggiano as said is aptly located for both Maremma and Val D'Orcia. I would add: visit the Amiata area (Abbadia S. Salvatore, or even Bagni San Filippo if you like spas) and maybe go further south, not that much actually, to visit the "Tufa Triangle" in inland Maremma; i.e. Sorano-Sovana-Pitigliano : three really nice (or quaint) villages in an Etruscan area with much to offer and see (and excellent food to boot).

Enjoy!

Barberino Di...
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A week in Seggiano near Castol del Piano, Province Grosseto

I totally agree with catux. In addition if you like hiking the area of Monte Amiata is perfect.

5. Re: A week in Seggiano near Castol del Piano, Province Grosseto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:41