We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat around 10 pm?

Finland
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat around 10 pm?

Hi all,

during our week in Florence we will have two quite late nights when to look for a bite to eat. Even though Italians have dinner late this might be even too late.

First one is the arrival day, Saturday night. Our flight lands at 20:20 and given the time it’ll take to fetch the luggage and get a taxi to the city I’m hoping we’ll be at the hotel (on Via Sant’Antonino) around 21:30. Or is this wishful thinking?

Second one is the next Monday when we’ll be coming back from a day trip to Cinque Terre and arrive at SMN station around 22:00.

I imagine we’ll be starving and dehydrated but not looking to have a posh 5-course dinner obviously. Just something to eat, like a pizza, would be great and preferably some dessert and coffee. And some refreshing drinks. :) I’ve been doing research and some restaurants close at 22:30, some at 23:00… If we’ll turn up on the doorstep let’s say 1 hour before closing time will they still feed us?

Or should we just head to the cafes that are open very late? For example Rivoire, Gilli and Scudieri?

One back-up option is Pank at Mercato Centrale, it’s open till midnight but if there are other options I’d like to avoid having to eat a sandwich...

Any thoughts?

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,346 Reviews
from US$107.60*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
783 Reviews
from US$107.60*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,390 Reviews
from US$107.60*
5 replies to this topic
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat around 10 pm?

A very good choice next to Mercato Centrale is Trattoria ZaZa(www.trattoriazaza.it). Have a look at the website. The menu is varied from smaller to larger meals depending on your tastes.

You can make a reservation up to 1030PM; so fits into your timetable.

Finland
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat around 10 pm?

Good tip and close to the hotel, thanks! The place serves shots with pizza, lol. 😀

Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat around 10 pm?

ZaZa gets some really horrendous reviews on the Italian version of this site. I'd be a bit cautious.

In the same area, Garibardi isn't the best place in town, but it is pretty reliable, and it's open until 11.

http://garibardi.it/en/

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat around 10 pm?

I lived in this neighborhood and didn't like Garibaldi.

Finland
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat around 10 pm?

Garibaldi looks nice, thanks. 😊 The main concern for me was just that will anyone have us that late in the night. If an hour before closing time is still acceptable then great.

Reply to: Where to eat around 10 pm?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted