We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire Florence Airport

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
71 reviews
Car hire Florence Airport

Hello. We are holidaying in Umbria in August this year. Having had some poor experiences in recent times with car hire in Europe (mainly unfounded additional charges after returning home), just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or otherwise for which rental company to use at Florence airport. I always trust local companies rather the big global names so if anyone has some insider info in that area, it would be much appreciated.Cheers.

3 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,949 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Car hire Florence Airport

Check www.auto-europe.co.uk who have good cooments on TA

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Be aware of traffic restrictions and ZTL areas in Italy, read Top Questions "Driving in Italy"

www.autoeurppe.com/italy-ztl-zones

www.italia.it/en/discover-italy

Accommodation www.booking.com www.bed-and-breakfast.it

CA
Level Contributor
11,472 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Car hire Florence Airport

The airport complex is at Via Palagio degli Spini, reached from/to town by cab.Flying into Florence you take the shuttle. Autoeurope is a broker using reputable companies. Returning the car somewhere else would influence the company selection.

Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Car hire Florence Airport

sim0n1967

" I always trust local companies rather the big global names" -- Just maybe, that's why you've had "some poor experiences in recent times with car hire in Europe".

I have not had any such problems in Florence when I have rented from the "big global names".

By the way, does "Europe" include the UK?

Reply to: Car hire Florence Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted