We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Zichron Yaakov...
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

I will be in Florence this simmer twice, June and July - I want to book in advance throught the officail site, does this promise me also I won't stand in line to get in?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

You have to stand in the line for pre-booked tickets, but it is much much shorter than the line for people who have not booked.

The official site for bookings is www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx but it can have problems and there are always more places available by phone. You do best to book by phoning +39 05 529 4883

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,280 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes in the reserved line.

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

RESERVE YOUR TICKET OVER THE TELEPHONE!!!!

Reservations by telephone are not binding! Without it you might be waiting for hours, with it maybe 5 - 15 minutes.

If there is no line to the ticket booth, just get your tickets upfront, however I doubt it.

NY
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

Get there maybe 10 minutes before your ticket time to make sure you are in the right line and in the group for that time slot, ask the people around you. Sometimes there might be a short delay depending on other groups entering (there is a usually a separate line for tour groups) since they try to capacity control as well as time control.

Zichron Yaakov...
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

thank you so much - any more advice for first timers in Florence?

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

Since you are from Israel, don't miss the Synagogue. Have a bistecca fiorentin, walk up the cupola of the doumo for great vistas of the city and the coupola. Visit Pisa, Siena and the countryside. If you have the time and energy hike along Cinque Terre.

7. Re: does booking in advance make sure you won't stand in line?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 19:41