We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gavinana Tuscany

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Didcot, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Gavinana Tuscany

Could anyone advise me on the 'Exploring possibilities ' of a holiday with Saga in Gavinana. We like to do things by ourselves and like to walk and visit local areas by bus which the brochure says is possible but i have not been able to find any literature on the area and Saga have not been able to give me any information regarding the walking or of places to explore.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gavinana Tuscany

Hi Pamela, the area is very interesting. You can have answers opening the local website www.gavinana.com/contatti and insert your questions and personal details.

Didcot, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gavinana Tuscany

Many thanks I will do this straight away

Didcot, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gavinana Tuscany

Hi there Aussies,

I have been unable to get through to the address which you so kindly posted on Trip Advisor.

Could you please confirm the address

Pamela H.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gavinana Tuscany

Hi Pam, The site is www.gavinana.com

it is only in Italian, open the window contattateci on the upper left side near home and fill the form.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gavinana Tuscany

Good morning Aussies,

I thought that I would write to you to let you know that I still had no luck getting through to your advised Gavinana address so I again telephoned Saga who this time gave me the email address of the Hotel Franceschi where we would be staying.

I sent a letter last Thursday but have not as yet received a reply.

I guess since you advised that it is an interesting area we will most probably book the holiday for late June.

Many thanks for you help

Pamela M.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gavinana Tuscany

Good morning to you Pam. I'm sorry you can't get in touch with that people;

howevere, Gavinana is part of the San Marcello Pistoiese council and has an ecomuseum and an astronomic observatory. You SHOULD find (i have) news and some pictures into this web:

www.pistoia.turismo.toscana.it

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,322 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gavinana Tuscany

Sorry to resurect an old thread folks but thought the OP may not notice a message.

Pamela, did you go to this hotel? I really liked the fact that it is small, with good food. An hotel with personality too. I have been looking like you to see what the surroundings are like and can find out very little.

8. Re: Gavinana Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 00:15