We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pisa restaurants

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
pisa restaurants

Can anyone give us any advice on good places to eat in Pisa - we love Florentine Steaks! and nice romantic places.We're going at the end of May.

Also how much should it cost for a taxi from the airport to central Pisa?

Thanks

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pisa restaurants

There are more restaurants in Pisa that do Florentine steaks than you could shake a stick at .

Was there last year and never had a bad meal, always a good sign.

A taxi will cost about 5euros max from the airport to the city centre, but you could just jump on the train which is dirt cheap and takes about 3 minutes.

There is also a great bus service which too is frequent and cheap .

Enjoy your trip

Charlie

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pisa restaurants

Thanks very much for the info Charlie. We were thinking of taking a day trip by train to Lucca.

Any info on this would be good.

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pisa restaurants

Hi Betty,

we spent a day in Lucca too .

Got the train from Pisa Centrale Station , it was about 20 minutes journey and compared to Scotrail it was incredibly cheap and efficient .

Something tells me it was about 3 euros each return .

Once you get of the train at Lucca just watch straight across the road and you will see the city walls, through a wee underpasss and your there .

Plenty of affordable places to eat especially in a big circular square ( does that make sense, a circular square ).

i see you are in Dundee, Ive still got a guide book for Tuscany and street maps ( Lucca inc ) that I could post onto you if you want ?

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Dundee
Dundee
Scotland, UK
Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
700 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pisa restaurants

Food in Pisa is excellent, Lucca is a bit more hit and miss. The train to Lucca is very easy as is all train travel from Pisa. I'll get back to you with the name of a restaurant that does top steaks that is slap bang in the centre of Pisa. The name has slipped my mind at the mo.

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
700 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pisa restaurants

the name of the restaurants that does the great steak is called Il Campano and is right at the fruit market in Pisa.

Mentioned in this post
Il Campano
Il Campano
1,625 Reviews
Pisa, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pisa restaurants

thanks Charlie and Clova for your advice - got a guide book Charlie ta!

7. Re: pisa restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 07:23