We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Assisi, Eremo delle Carceri, Perugia by taxi

Pine Island, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Getting around Assisi, Eremo delle Carceri, Perugia by taxi

I just returned to New York afters several weeks in Umbria and wanted to share some updated infor to several posts I made in 2010 regarding taxis in Assisi. First, while it is not necessary to have a car when visiting Assisi, there are several wonderful, not to be missed sites that are hard to get to by walking alone. My favorite, not to be missed site is Eremo delle Carceri. It is about a 4 K hike up a twisting, turning mountainous roadway which offers little shade. I would suggest taking a cab up and if you have good knees only, hike down the Franciscan trail through the woods to Assis centro. I met and reviewed a taxi driver on TripAdvisor in 2010 and my wonderful opinion of Luciano Trinoli has only increased over the last 5 years. As a woman travelling alone in Italy, it is necessary to be on guard constantly for the particular charms of Italian men. 'nuf said! I have always been treated courteously by Luciano and time has not changed my good opinion. He went above and beyond to assist me in 2010 and on my most recent trip in July of 2015 he and his wife went out of their way to make me feel like a welcome friend. He is also a talented musician and a lifelong resident of the area so he he is very knowledgeable. His friendly, outgoing personallity are completed by his enormous smile and heart of gold. Tell him you saw my review and I'm sure he will be thrilled. You can email him to make arrangements ahead of your arrival at luciano.trinonli at gmail.com or phone him at+39 366 399 1221. If you can't get him that way then just ask for Luciano the musician at any of the taxi stands...everyone knows him!

Enjoy your time in Assisi, one of the most beautiful cities in the world!

1 post
1. Re: Getting around Assisi, Eremo delle Carceri, Perugia by taxi

email doesn't work..Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently

Pine Island, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Getting around Assisi, Eremo delle Carceri, Perugia by taxi

I have a typo in Luciano's email address above. It should say Luciano.trinoli at gmail.com. He is also on FB so you can probably send him a message and contact him that way as well.

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
8,665 posts
1,136 reviews
3. Re: Getting around Assisi, Eremo delle Carceri, Perugia by taxi

Hi Andrea,

If you post your review for Eremo Della Carceri (Assisi #2 attraction) and recommend how to get there by taxi, you will get the right attention of the travelers who aim this AMAZING site for their Umbria trips. We had done it on car and it was certainly a highlight of our trip to Umbria. Maybe you have already done your review, but I cannot find it. Good tips!

Edited: 28 August 2015, 08:46
4. Re: Getting around Assisi, Eremo delle Carceri, Perugia by taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2016, 01:18