We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucerne Switzerland

Toms River
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Lucerne Switzerland

My sister & I would like to go on the Stanserhorn tour on 9/24/18-in the afternoon-Does anyone know how easy it is to find & purchase train tickets to the village of Stans where we pick up our tour?

We are staying in Lucerne on that date & leave the next day for Basel on our Viking cruise. The cruise line offers this trip but it is very expensive & from Basel not Lucerne.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
43,726 posts
202 reviews
1. Re: Lucerne Switzerland

Buy train tickets at the Luzern station from a ticket machine. Trains run every 15-20 mins between Luzern and Stans.

Canton of Schwyz...
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
17,017 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: Lucerne Switzerland

I would not book the tour from Viking cruise but do it on my own if I were you. You do the same tour but most probably much cheaper as you will not need to pay the bus. For more details about Stanserhorn look at www.stanserhorn.ch/en .

pore

Toms River
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Lucerne Switzerland

Thank you so much for your reply. When I go to buy the train ticket is there a town I should look to travel too

( Stans?). This is our first time & I want to make sure we get it right. Thanks again

Toms River
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Lucerne Switzerland

Thank you for your response. Is it easy for us to catch the train to the location we need to be for the tour?? Just a little worried never been here before & we are really excited!

Canton of Schwyz...
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
17,017 posts
292 reviews
5. Re: Lucerne Switzerland

Hi John C

post 3: You go to the railway station and tell them where you want to go. They will give you at the tickets you need.

post 4: You go to the railway station where you arrived. The counters are one stair down from the tracks. This is so easy, do not worry.

Have fun

pore

Toms River
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Lucerne Switzerland

Thank you so much for your help

Reply to: Lucerne Switzerland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted