We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on excursions from Lucerne in October

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Tips on excursions from Lucerne in October

Hi,

I will be arriving in Lucerne on 11th October afternoon (around 2 PM) and leaving on 14th October morning.

I want to work out an itinerary for these 3 days (or 2 and a half days). I want to definitely do Mount Titlis, Rigi or Pilatus and Interlaken (Grindenwald) apart from Lucerne site seeing, including a boat cruise. Too much to ask? Please help!!

Also what all will be unavailable during that time? I understand some cable cars and places might be shut. What kind of weather can I expect? Would there be snow on the mountain peaks?

Regards,

Vishwajay

2 replies to this topic
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
43,586 posts
202 reviews
1. Re: Tips on excursions from Lucerne in October

Read Top Questions about Luzern - links on the right hand tool bar of this page. They will answer your questions.

Early october - cable car to Titlis, train/cable cars on Pilatus and Rigi should be running.

Westher - depends on the day! IF we get a cold spell and IF at the same time there is rain there may well be snow on the higher peaks. In any case there is always snow at mt Titlis.

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: Tips on excursions from Lucerne in October

Thank you so much on the prompt reply.

Reply to: Tips on excursions from Lucerne in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted