We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laundry/buy new clothes zermatt

Which Zermatt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Culver City, CA
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
laundry/buy new clothes zermatt

We will end our 10 day hike in zermatt finishing sometime in the late afternoon maybe as early as 3PM. We leave for Venice the following morning.

By this time we will have no clean clothes, so is there drop laundries with quick service or should we buy some clothes for

our first day in venice (maybe cheaper than laundry?).

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laundry/buy new clothes zermatt

There is a laundry next to the Gonergrat Bahn. I do not know how much time they will need to do your laundy but I would contact your hotel for advice. Buying clothes in Zermatt (or Venice) is not an inexpensive proposition. Can you pack a bit extra?

Culver City, CA
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laundry/buy new clothes zermatt

Anything we pack we are going to have to carry on our back across the Alps for 10 days. so we are not taking extra clothes.

I thought that I might mail clothes to Venice, but who knows if they get lost etc.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,062 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laundry/buy new clothes zermatt

Hi, ask your hotel in Zermatt if you can send a small package with a change of clothing - I imagine they will be fine with that. You should be able to get a load or two done at the laundromat even if it's in the evening - there are a couple and you can do them yourself if necessary - it'll only take a bit - maybe have dinner somewhere nearby and run over to put the clothes in the dryer. But if you mail a change, then it isn't so critical! Send the package early enough so that you know it is there before you leave.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
32,326 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laundry/buy new clothes zermatt

I noticed several laundrettes when I was in Zermatt in July. I would imagine the Tourist Office has a list of them. If you allow 3 hours for them to wash, dry and fold your clothes that should be enough!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: laundry/buy new clothes zermatt

Better get your information directly from here:

zermatt.ch/de/…g_waschsalon

or if you prefer selfservice from here

http://www.chtelefon.ch/suchresultate-de.html?q=waschsalon+Zermatt

How long it takes for sure it will depend how much laundry they have to wash.

pore

6. Re: laundry/buy new clothes zermatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2010, 01:16