We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich airport to train station

Kansas City
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Zurich airport to train station

I will be flying from London to Zurich and taking a train to Interlaken. How long will it take once I land in Zurich to get through customs and get to the train station?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,417 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zurich airport to train station

Hi and welcome to TA! Assuming no hang ups, you can be on a train in an hour or less. This assumes no delays with lines, etc. at passport control or getting your bags. The train station is in the building just across the pick-up lanes outside arrivals - down one floor below street level. It takes maybe 5 or 6 minutes to get there once you enter the public area of arrivals. The platforms are one more floor down and there are huge train boards showing the arriving and departing trains on the station level.

Hope this helps.

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zurich airport to train station

I have managed to go from plane to train in as little as 20min (Europe arrival, no bags). So it really depends on how you travel. From the UK you will need to go through passport control, and the other variable is baggage if you check it (but ZRH airport is very efficient and fast - usually less than 10 min). Then you will need to buy a trainticket (so have Swiss Francs or your credit card), and then onto the train.

I would say if you are "pressed and prepared" you can easily do this within 40min. So to be on the "un-stressed safe side" - an hour is easy.

3. Re: Zurich airport to train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 02:16