We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport

Isle of Man, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Passport

I will be travelling to Amsterdam then maastrict on the 6th July 2017 my passport expires on the 13 August 2017 do I need a new passport or will my original one be ok thank you

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,889 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport

Well presuming you have a uk passport as you don't say, than you will be ok

UK
Level Contributor
8,970 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport

What type of British passport do you have?

Residents of the Isle of Man only enjoy EU Free Movement rights if they, or one of their parents, or one of their grandparents, were born on the British Mainland or elsewhere in the EU (I have a friend in the Channel Islands who has Free Movement rights because his grandfather was German).

If you don't have a full (EU) British passport - i.e., if you are entirely of Manx ancestry - then different rules may apply with regards to passport validity (I know you wouldn't be allowed to work in the EU, but I don't know what the rules are with regards to travel)

Edited: 13 May 2017, 12:58
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,060 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport

If you are not travelling until July you have plenty of time to renew your passport now.

I don;t know how Manx passports work but UK passports can be renewed up to nine months ahead of expiry and any unexpired time is added to the new passport.

Edited: 14 May 2017, 06:23
4. Re: Passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2018, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Maastricht