We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my cigarettes

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
my cigarettes

Alas i have smoked for over 43 years. I am now 65 and no intension of stopping. I dont go away from home much since i cant smoke without feeling guilty. In uk my cigs MORE MENTHOL cost

£7.11. I smoke 4 a day. I was doing a trip to europe to buy them duty free. Alas i booked without checking and find i am going to a country Belgium which does not stock them . How do i find if they are available in Holland or Germany. I could maybe get a train to one of them. Dont tell me to quit. I have not much i enjoy. Have already been everywhere i want to see. Veitnam, Cambodia, Canada , usa, Norway to name a few.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: my cigarettes

Cigs are more expensive at Amsterdam airport, example: luton airport 400 cost £44, same Cigs at Amsterdam airport cost £64, Buy before you depart.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,147 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: my cigarettes

Duty free cigarettes may only cost £44 per 400 in Luton but those are only if you are flying to destinations outside of the EU so sorry but you are completely wrong on this.

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: my cigarettes

yup Ron is right. You can only buy duty free if flying out of the EU, so you won't get any for £44 unless you can find someone to buy them for you who's flight long distance. I've seen most UK brands in the tabacco shops in Amsterdam, think Benson's were about 5euro's so quite a bit cheaper even on the Damrak.

Pop into Grey Area and I'm sure they will have something for you to smoke that will make you happy !!

14. Re: my cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2013, 05:17