We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Packages

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Packages

Is there such a thing as an all inclusive package to Amsterdam? What's the best way to find one?

This will be our first time to Europe, is it best to go through a travel agent? We are planning on going sometime in September or October this year.

Any General Suggestions?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Packages

All inclusive like you find in the Caribbean or Mexico, no. At most you can have your breakfast included with your hotel stay and then that can cost upwards of 20 euro per person per breakfast.

If you have some specific questions feel free to post them. Otherwise do some research with Google or your favorite search engine.

Peace

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,971 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Packages

if you mean organized tour packages..yes, they exist but not like mexico or caribbean like balou says..or even paris or london...now you can go to sites like yahoo travel, tripadvisor, expedia, orbitz, etc..and select hotel and flights in your search and get all in pricing for air fare and hotel together..

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Packages

Air,+hotel+breakfast?

We do not see a lot of these here on this forum. At least almost no questions about them.

And I have never really spent any time looking at them. But they are out there. And no doubt a travel agent could find you some. As could I would assume a search on any of the major booking sites such as expedia?

But I am not at all sure you are going to end up saving any money if that is your goal.

IMO by doing your home work here you can find out a lot about the best deals on hotels.

You could look at a variety of air booking sites and do a run with flex dates for the general time frame you are looking to travel.

Sidestep I realize has been bought out but if you google sidestep you will end up at the right site.

A search there will look at many booking sites as far as air.

A day one way or another can mean much cheaper flights than a day or 2 in the other direction.

Later Oct may be a little cheaper hotel wise than say early Sept.

But google "IBC 2012 Amsterdam" and make darn sure you do not come within a day or 2 on either side of this major conference. This is very important advice.

If it were me I'd try my best to find my best deal on my own and then compare with a package or two.

Edited: 03 February 2012, 14:22
Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Packages

MrJohn- you seemed to be the most help. Thank you! I have just started my research and finding events that happen during sept & oct. Thanks so much for all the info!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,971 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Packages

actually balou had the best advice...start googling

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Packages

I have been googling. I decided to ask on here as well since it wasa big help when I went to Jamaica as well.

THANKS!

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Packages

In the UK most travel agents carry brochures of package city breaks; Amsterdam, Venice, Prague etc. Often reasonably cheap.

Wouldn't a large independent US travel agent have something similar.

Providence, Rhode...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Packages

Your best bet is to work with a qualifed travel agent who has access to negotiated air rates which can be combined with hotel packages, sightseeing, transfers.... just about anything you want.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,276 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Packages

The IBC is from the 6th to the 11th September this year so just avoid this and you should be ok.

I'm fairly sure that if you go to any reputable on line travel site like Opodo or Expedia they will sell you hotel and flight packages. Have you tried there?

I think most users of this forum are fairly independant travellers preferring to book everything seperately.

Let us know how you get on.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Packages

I think it would be interesting to see if a package deal can save a couple (I really doubt they are a good deal for a single) some money vs some really smart independent looking.

Once you add in PL to the equation I would think that a package would have a really tough time competing.

But it would be nice to know for sure.