We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

were to propose in amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
secret
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
were to propose in amsterdam

I am going to propose to my beautiful gf in amsterdam were is the best place to do it with the best views

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,059 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

Along the 'seven bridges' (Reguliersgracht crossing all three main ring canals) is a favourite. And for fans of views, from the cafe in the public library near Central station or from the Okura hotel rooftop restaurant.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,971 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

good cal erik...do it a night when bridges are lit up...

www.flickr.com/photos/davidfry/4651607/

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

On an evening boat trip at the point that Erik recommends; that would be where I would love a proposal - well should say would have loved a proposal, seeing I am happily married (?) lol

Hope it all goes well.

Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
826 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

Hello. I surprised my wife with a evening wine and cheese boat trip on Christmas Eve a few years back, and it was very romantic. Trust me, very romantic, if you catch my drift. If your girlfriend is inclined to say Yes, she'll never forget it. Hope this helps, and enjoy.

glasgow
Level Contributor
261 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

banana bar would be a good shout..

only kidding,but could you imagine it? haha

being serious,,thats a great question to put up,iam still going over everywhere in amsterdam ive been to,and cant make my mind up,seven bridges is a very good shout,on the boat at night time..

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,390 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

If you want high up ,then the top floor bar or restaurant at the Okura (Ciel Bleu)

The previously mentioned canal tour ,or rent a private boat with a bottle of bubbly and go on some of the smaller less travelled canals

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

When this question comes up, I think of this spot:

http://g.co/maps/d92uc

or this spot:

http://g.co/maps/xvkfh

Veel success, wherever you choose,

chuck

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

Both lovely spots Chuck; also how about skinny bridge, its one of the known sites of Amsterdam so every time it is heard / mentioned it would have a special memory for you both.

Let us know where you decided, and how it goes :)

9. Re: were to propose in amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 05:46