We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo Area
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

Can I buy my ticket for the Rijksmuseum at the end of the day and use it to get in the following day?

Thanks

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

Hi

Not sure why you'd need to do that - there's usually a large queue to buy a ticket at the museum.

Buy the ticket online, you can do it here: https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/tickets

Print it off and then go whenever you like (within one year).

If you're asking if you should visit the museum at the end of the day as the ticket queue will be smaller, you're right but there's still no point. If you don't have a printer the most hotels will do this for you.

Thanks

Lester

Edited: 16 September 2013, 16:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

When are you going? I was there earlier this month on a weekday and there was no queue to buy tickets at all. In fact, it was nowhere near as busy as I was expecting it to be.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

I can confirm that if you come early on a weekday there are no lines. Later on (noon) there were 50 people in line when I was there. Weekends I don't know. It has been very crowded. Over 1 million already visited the Rijks. I also had an online ticket and it got scanned several times as it is necessary when one uses the central hall to get from one part of the museum to the other. The central hall (indoor, where also the shop is) is namely "outside".

Buffalo Area
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

I will try to explain this.

Yes, I realize that this sounds odd, but I am staying near the museum and thought that if I went there to buy my ticket at the end of the day just before closing (when there would be no line) that I could avoid the long line the next day. If the ticket is not dated, I would avoid the long line the following day or two later when I decide to visit.

I realize that I can purchase this on-line, but I am not 100% sure if we will be going to the museum. Otherwise I would get it on-line before I leave home.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

Directly from the FAQ of the museums website.

"Ticket sales

How long are admission tickets valid?

For 1 year from the date of issue (indicated on ticket).

Can I exchange a ticket/return it for a refund?

It is not possible to exchange tickets or return them for a refund. However, tickets are valid for up to a year after the date of issue.

Can I purchase admission tickets at the ticket office for a different day?

Yes, you can purchase tickets at the ticket office for use on any other day. The tickets can be used for up to one year after the date of issue."

Edited: 17 September 2013, 09:29
Buffalo Area
Level Contributor
240 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

Thank you balou (and others),

Looking forward to early October in Amsterdam.

7. Re: Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 09:50
8. Re: Advance ticket for Rijksmuseum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 01:21