We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please airport

missmaden
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Advice please airport

Flying ryanair sun18 nov,airport is charleoi,we fly at 22.20 the transfer gets us to airpirt at 21.10 do you think this is too tight? We are checked in

4 replies to this topic
Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
286 posts
132 reviews
1. Re: Advice please airport

It is not too tight if nothing goes wrong. But you never know what will happen, so it never hurts to be a bit earlier. I always try to keep to arriving two hours before flight time. It is Sunday evening and traffic normally is no problem, but you never know of course.

missmaden
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Advice please airport

Thanks for your reply

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,320 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Advice please airport

Being checked in in advance only means you have your boarding passes. If by any chance you have a non-EU passport, you have to go to a Ryanair desk to get your boarding passes stamped, and if you are flying to a non-Schengen destination - you don't say where you are flying to - you have to go through passport control. Before that, if you have hold luggage you have to go to Ryanair's bag-drop desk, and in all cases, through security. How long any of the lines are depends on how many flights are departing around the time in question, how many people are on those flights, whether there is any backlog from earlier delays that day and a host of other things that we the general travelling pubic can't possibly foresee.

Not knowing what your situation is, you'll have to decide for yourselves (or seek the advice of the airline), but CRL itself "strongly recommends" arriving 2 hrs before flight time, see https:/…index.html

missmaden
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Advice please airport

Hello i should have said flying to manchester, hand luggage only, i May add the speed through security on

Reply to: Advice please airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted