We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Brugge from Brussels

Stockton, CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
How far is Brugge from Brussels

I'm at the beginning stages of planning my next trip. I'm most likely going to take the eurostar from London to Brussels and then on to Brugge. Do I board a train to Brugge at the same brussels' station that the eurostar pulls into? What is the distance between Brussels and Brugge?

I'm going to get a eurorail pass because I will be continuing on to Germany. Will my eurostar ticket cover the onward trip to Brugge or would I be using my eurorail pass?

Thanks for your help.

Belgium
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: How far is Brugge from Brussels

Hello,

This is the Belgian railway website. This'll help you. It's in English.

Distance between Brugge and Brussels is about 50 min by train.

http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/index.php

have a nice trip!

London, Uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: How far is Brugge from Brussels

If you buy a London to Brussels Eurostar ticket it will include travel to an onward destination in Belgium such as Bruges as long as you don't try to use a fast train such as the Thalys. The platfrom for the Bruges train is only a couple minutes walk from the Eurostar exit.

Stockton, CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
3. Re: How far is Brugge from Brussels

Thank you, both replies were very helpful.

chicago
1 post
4. Re: How far is Brugge from Brussels

im doing the exact same trip - london to brussels to bruge and am wondering the same thing about transportation...

england
1 post
5. Re: How far is Brugge from Brussels

I would like to travel from Brussels to Bruges on 26th Sept, please advise me of the easiest/cheapest

route. What is the distance between the two locations?

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,294 posts
122 reviews
6. Re: How far is Brugge from Brussels

jaq - The web site for the belgian railway station is in one of the posts above, so you can get exact pricing there for the train. The trip costs about 10-11 euro and takes around an hour.

Chicago
Level Contributor
8,348 posts
1 review
7. Re: How far is Brugge from Brussels

OP, before you buy a Eurail pass figure out the cost of the point-to-point tickets and compare with the Eurail, factoring in any reservations you may need. The passes aren't always the best bargain.

It is an easy train trip from Brussels to Bruges. Many trains every day, two every hour if I remember. No reservations, just show up and go.

8. Re: How far is Brugge from Brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 00:18