We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flanders Fields with an 8 and 9 year olds

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
215 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Flanders Fields with an 8 and 9 year olds

Hi everybody,

I'm planning an Euro Tour that will take place in July and since we will be for a couple of days in Brugge and Flanders Fields is not far from there, I was wondering if that would be a day trip that you have taken or would take an 8 and 9 year old.

The reason why I ask is because my daughter first heard the "In Flanders Fields" poem when she was in kindergarten and she has always asked us to take her there, since her teacher always explained what happend at WWI and where the fields were located. I'm not planning on taking a tour because we will have ny daughter and my friend's daughter in the group, but just tried to get your perspective on whether it would be fine to take them there, specially because my daughter has always shown special interest (it looks like she will be a history enthusiast like her mom :) ).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Monique

Edited: 12 May 2011, 11:11
Belgium
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Flanders Fields with an 8 and 9 year olds

Found these after a little bit of googling around:

www.greatwar.nl/frames/default-poppies.html

www.1914-18.co.uk/blunden/ysercanal.htm

12. Re: Flanders Fields with an 8 and 9 year olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 00:16