We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday day trip to Bruges. What should we do?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday day trip to Bruges. What should we do?

My wife and I are taking a day trip from Brussels to Bruges on Sunday July 24th. Is it possible to fit all this into one day? A boat tour of the city, climbing the bell tower, seeing the Church of the Holy Blood (since its Sunday can we still see the vial that contains the blood of Jesus), or the only Michelangelo statue in Belgium, if possible a tour the De Halve Maan brewery...

Photo Tour Brugge
Photography Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Legends Free Walking Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Brugge BeerWalk
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday day trip to Bruges. What should we do?

You can't see the so-called holy blood, the relic is only displayed on Fridays except in May. Church services take place in the basilica on Sundays at 08:00 and 11:00 hrs and I believe it closes at lunchtime but you can visit between 14:00 and 16:00 hrs. Look on brugge.be/internet/…3.

For the Michelangelo madonna, Onze Lieve VrouweKerk can be visited on Sundays between 13:30 and 16:50 hrs, see openchurches.be/church_detail.asp…

You can do everything else, Brugge is tiny. For De Halve Maan, tours are every half hour between (on Sunday) 11:00 and 16:00 hrs, see http://www.halvemaan.be/index.php?id=5&L=2

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,075 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday day trip to Bruges. What should we do?

I would try and take the SEGWAY tour which I found far more informative and interesting than the boat tour. if you opt for the 2 hour tour you will have covered most of the town.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,711 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday day trip to Bruges. What should we do?

Have a read through the link below it may alaso assist you.

4. Re: Sunday day trip to Bruges. What should we do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 17:17