We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Paris to Brussels to Bruges

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Paris to Brussels to Bruges

I'd like to go from Paris-Brussels-Bruges with a stopover in Brussels for the afternoon and then take the train from Brussels to Bruges later in the day. Is it possible to do this on the same ticket? Because when I try to check the fare on Thalys it says "you have 20 minutes to change trains". Do I need to take that particular train, or is it possible to take a later train to Bruges without buying another ticket? Also, is the train from Paris-Brussels and Brussels-Bruges in the same railway station?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Paris to Brussels to Bruges

< I'd like to go from Paris-Brussels-Bruges with a stopover in Brussels for the afternoon and then take the train from Brussels to Bruges later in the day. Is it possible to do this on the same ticket? >

Yes. You buy a ticket from Paris to "Any Belgian Station" - which allows you to travel on to Bruges from Brussels.

< when I try to check the fare on Thalys it says "you have 20 minutes to change trains". Do I need to take that particular train, or is it possible to take a later train to Bruges without buying another ticket? >

You can take any train you like from Brussels to Bruges on the same day - they run about twice an hour. I think you must travel on to Bruges within 24 hours of arrival in Brussels (or maybe even 48 hours - I can't remember offhand).

< is the train from Paris-Brussels and Brussels-Bruges in the same railway station? >

Yes. Paris-Brussels trains arrive at Brussels Midi (south) station. You can catch the train to Bruges from there.

2. Re: Train from Paris to Brussels to Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 21:18