We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs time+good place to have breakfast?

TO
Level Contributor
300 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Customs time+good place to have breakfast?

Hello,

Where is a good place to have a healthy large inexpensive (if possible all three of the above:-) breakfast in the airport? We'll be going on a tour after.

How long approximately it will take to go through customs for a flight arriving at 7:20am from Toronto (YYZ)? We are Canadian citizens in case there are separate lines.

How early do we have to come back? E.g. do we really have to be in the airport 2 hours before the flight? I can't expect the airport being that big and busy. I would expect our luggage will be checked through.

Thanks!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customs time+good place to have breakfast?

"healthy large inexpensive breakfast in the airport", the airport it's small I doubt that you'll find more than coffee, sandwiches and maybe fresh orange juice.

There are separate lines for EU and non-EU citizens when arriving at customs. I suppose your other flight is for continental Portugal, if you don't have luggage with yourself and you also have your 2nd boarding passes then 1 hour is more than enough.

TO
Level Contributor
300 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Customs time+good place to have breakfast?

OK, thanks!

Any recommendations for which place/what to try, or there are only a couple of fast food places in the airport?

Is it minibus #1 that takes you back from Ponta Delgada to the airport? I would imagine the bus ride time is ~15 minutes?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customs time+good place to have breakfast?

This film is about an event at the airport, but it shows you the size of it http://www.acorestube.com/video/6046/Paulo-Vicente--Aeroporto-Ponta-Delgada; there are no "fast food places" as such it will be a "pastelaria" "snack-bar" place.

What minibus #1? There's no reference to it at the airport page ana.pt/portal/…

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
826 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customs time+good place to have breakfast?

The airport is close to the center, and will take you less than 10 minutes to get there by taxi. If you don't have a car hire, taxi is the best way to go -- it is a flat 10 euro rate in either direction. On the busiest part of the seafront, by the avenue, is a place called A Colmeia -- it's a good pastry and coffee shop with excellent views of the seafront -- where you can get breakfast. Not heavy or large, but sufficient to start off the day.

5. Re: Customs time+good place to have breakfast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Ponta Delgada
Recent Conversations