We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ho-ho bus

Florida
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ho-ho bus

We will be staying in Viana in May, coming by rental car to tour Porto for the day. Is there a ho-ho bus tour for Porto? Cost? Do they have a site? Where are they located? Where can one park a car while using the tour? Is there a smart alternative?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,980 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ho-ho bus

Ho-Ho tour yellowbustours.com/en/cities/oporto/tours/

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ho-ho bus

No shortage of hop on-hop off buses in Porto. You couldn't avoid them if you tried...

As you're staying in Viana, I hope you're also thinking of heading up the galician coast by car! The car for Porto might be a bit of a waste if you're only touring the more central part of the city. A bus or one of the faster trains will get you there in an hour or so. Driving in Porto can be tricky at certain hours...

I know there is a thread with parking suggestions here in the forum, you should find it easily enough searching.

Florida
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ho-ho bus

Their options look good. Where are they located? Where is it smart to park? I note that one can join the tour at multiple locations.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Florida
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ho-ho bus

We are; Santiago and Baiona. Then, heading east and south in Portugal for three weeks. Smart place to park for yellow bus tour? Thanks!

Edited: 27 January 2015, 07:17
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,980 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ho-ho bus

This site has lots of parking info www.parkopedia.pt/estacionamento/porto/

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ho-ho bus

There are three hop on hop off sightseeing bus companies in Porto, as well as many other options such as tuk tuk, side car, electric car, segway, bike, electric bike tours, you name it! So, once you are in Porto, honestly, I would suggest as a good thing to do to go to Porto's Tourism Offices by the Town Hall or in front of the Cathedral - both very central - and get info on the several options and prices. In what concers parking, Trindade, Pedreira da Trindade, Praça D. João I, are underground and very central.

Florida
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ho-ho bus

Thanks. Any on the south side of the river?

Porto
Level Contributor
565 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ho-ho bus

There's one in Cais de Gaia

Florida
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ho-ho bus

Thank you. We're thinking of easy egress from the city after we have finished visiting the Calem cellar,

10. Re: Ho-ho bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2016, 00:17