We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coimbra or Tour of Douro Valley

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Coimbra or Tour of Douro Valley

Hi,

I'll be in Porto Wed-Fri Easter week. Perhaps on Thursday or Good Friday, I'd like to visit either Coimbra or take an organized tour of the Douro Valley. Are there tours of the Douro Valley on Good Friday or will a lot of places be closed? Will Coimbra (the town and university)be open on Friday?

I will only be able to visit one of these places. Please help me decide and tell me why you made that choice. I don't drink wine and so that is something to consider. However, I do like beautiful scenery, beautiful towns, interesting shops to browse in. Coimbra's attraction for me is the University town with its beautiful library. The Douro Valley's attraction for me is the beautiful scenery. So, what's your advice: The Douro or Coimbra?

Thank you for weighing in!

1. Re: Coimbra or Tour of Douro Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2016, 01:16