We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Lisbon/Porto?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
How many days in Lisbon/Porto?

I've never been to Portugal before and I'm trying to decide how long to spend in Lisbon and how long to stay in Porto. I will be in London for the weekend and then arrive to Lisbon around noon on Monday, May 11 and leave at 10:00am on the following Monday, May 16 from Porto and then flying back to Toronto. I'm staying fairly central in both cities.

When I'm on vacation I mostly like to just walk around and look at things: buildings, monuments, etc. I don't really go into many museums or pay for any attractions, I just like walking and seeing things. For eating I prefer to grab a quick bite and be on my way, not one for sitting down for fancy meals.

While in Lisbon I'm going to take a day (maybe Wed) to do Sintra (with a quick stop at Cabo da Roca).

With that all in mind, what day should I head to Porto? Currently thinking of leaving Lisbon either Friday around 6:00pm, Saturday around 9:00am, or Saturday around 6:00pm, but I guess it all depends on what ratio of time I should spend in Libson vs Porto. All opinions would be appreciated! I'll also post this in the Lisbon forum.

Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
1. Re: How many days in Lisbon/Porto?

I'd say move to Porto Friday afternoon. That would give you three full days for Lisbon (and Sintra) and two full days for Porto. And some bits of days here and there.

I love both cities and both offer a lot to see, Lisbon a bit more I guess.

If the weather is nice you can visit Porto's beaches, it's only a 15 minute bike ride or tram ride. But the town itself and its sights are also lovely, and the view from the Ponte Luis I bridge and the other side of the river on to central Porto are great. The Sao Bento train station is beautiful and I also liked the free photo museum, but so much more.... ran into cute flea markets and outdoor terraces, nice shops, castles etc.

I was in Lisbon quite a while back but remember a nice park with some ruins and lots of locals hanging out on one of its hills, and beautiful streets and grand plazas, and the lovely cafes and restaurants and vibe in Bairro Alto.

Cecilia

travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

2. Re: How many days in Lisbon/Porto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2016, 00:16