We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Porto

utah
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Parking in Porto

I only have one day in Porto, arriving around noon, and leave next day afternoon, so would really like to stay in the center (Riberia) if possible. I will have a rental car, and i don't want to take it to center after i read all the suggestion on this forum. How hard is to find an overnight parking space outside of old town? I read there are some garage near metro station, but seems they only provide max 12 hours parking, do they allow park overnight? how much normally would it cost? I am thinking to park at airport, but not sure if the travel time worth the hassle. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,544 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Porto

It does not worth it. Has an example the one at Praça de Lisboa is a 24h parking, www.parkopedia.pt/estacionamento/porto/

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Porto

If you wish to stay near Ribeira you have the Parking in Praça do Infante, close to the hotels Pestana Porto Hotel, Hotel Carrís Porto Ribeira, Ribeira do Porto Hotel, Hotel da Bolsa, as well as guest houses and appartments to rent. You can see the accommodation possibilities at www.visitport.travel, by area. The parking of Praça do Infante charges 29,90€ for 24 hours but you can check with the hotels if they have any preferential rate.

Anyway, it is not that hard to reach the city centre and the river area by car. After having parked your car it is very easy to move around by foot in the historical centre and in the downtown area, and Porto has a fine bus and metro networks. I strongly suggest to buy the Porto Card with transports included.

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Porto

I miswrote the website address where you may see the accommodation by area. The correct form is: www.visitporto.travel

Weeki Wachee...
Level Contributor
25 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Porto

My wife and I are spending 3 nights at an apartment in Ribeira in March. Are there any parking options that cost less than Praca do Infante. We won't be using the car while in Porto.

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Porto

You have the parking of Alfândega do Porto. The cost for 24 hours is 20,65.

During the day in what concerns the price per hour, it varies from 1€ to 1,05€ and in the evening, from 20:00 to 08:00, the price is 0,60€ per hour. The parking is on a walking distnace from Ribeira, next to the Transports and Communications Museum and Porto's Congress Centre and in front of the World of Discoveries Museum and Theme Centre. It is surveilled but not covered. The bus 500 stops in front.

utah
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Porto

Thanks all! The parking website lists location AND pricing, very helpful. Thanks again!

7. Re: Parking in Porto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2016, 00:17