We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Podeiros or Almada ?

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
197 posts
33 reviews
Podeiros or Almada ?

Dear All,

My boyfriend and I are visiting beautiful Porto for the first time, for a 3-night stay at the end of April.

I have found 2 apartments that I like the most, one is situated on Rua do Almada 329, and the other one is on Santo Ildefonso, Passeio de São Lázaro.

I would really appreciate your help on the following:

which area do you think is more safe to walk back at night from lets say the Ribeira ?

is any of the two areas more hilly than the other ?

Thank you all very much for your time and assistance !

Anna

Porto
Level Contributor
483 posts
1. Re: Podeiros or Almada ?

They are both ok. Rua do Almada is a very central street, parallel to Porto's main avenue, the Avenida dos Aliados, in which are located the Town Hall, the Café Guarany, the Intercontinental Hotel Palácio das Cardosas and the restaurant Astoria, the traditional Ateneia (pastry and chocolate shop, nice for a five o'clock tea). In Rua do Almada you have the chocolate factory Arcádia, bars, restaurants and shops and is close to the bar area as well.

The garden of São Lázaro is also a traditional area in the city. You have there the main public library, cafes, restaurants and bars (Casa Guedes, Buraquinho...), traditional grossery stores, and near by, in Passos Manuel street, you have some nice bars (Passos Manuel, Maus Hábitos, Olympia), and the main concert hall Coliseu.

Both areas are on a walking distance from Ribeira.

Porto is not a dangerous city. To move around in Porto by night you need to have the same cautions you have everywhere and there are buses running all nigh long such as the 500 (from midnight on it is the 1M running avery hour) and there are taxis either. If you need any help you can contact the Tourism Police next to the Town Hall. They are open everyday from 08:00 to 24:00 and the phone number is 222 081 833.

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
197 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Podeiros or Almada ?

dear visitporto, thank you very much for your prompt reply and all the invaluable info!

Anna

3. Re: Podeiros or Almada ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 14:12
4. Re: Podeiros or Almada ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2016, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Porto