We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

London, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary help

Hi everyone,

Considering taking my first trip to Greece in mid-March. I have a minor in classical studies and have been dying to see Greece for at least a decade now.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts on my preliminary plan. My intention is to rent a car, although the idea of driving rather than staring at the scenery doesn't thrill me...

I've also set out what I THINK the driving times are. I haven't found a really great resource to help me with those yet, though, so if anyone thinks I'm way off please let me know.

Here it is:

Day 1

Arrive in Athens at 9:15am

Full day in Athens

Sleep in Athens

Day 2

Full day in Athens

Sleep in Athens

Day 3

Travel to and explore Corinth (1 hour from Athens)

Travel to and explore Mycenae (1 hour from Corinth)

Travel to and sleep in Nafplion (less than 1 hour from Mycenae)

Day 4

Explore and sleep in Nafplion

Day 5

Travel to and explore Epidaurus (1 hour from Nafplion)

Travel to and explore Olympia (4 hours from Epidaurus)

Sleep in Olympia

Day 6

Travel to and explore Delphi (5 hours from Olympia)

Sleep in Delphi

Day 7

Finish exploring Delphi

Travel back to Athens (3 hours from Delphi)

Sleep in Athens

Day 8

Day trip to nearby island - perhaps Aegina???

Evening in Athens

Sleep in Athens

Day 9 - Fly out of Athens

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

sounds good

your times are on the conservative side

you may find it easier to return to the airport to take a rented car and drive on the motorway rather than drive through athens

London, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

Thanks buhalid. Do you think either of the longer drive times are particularly conservative? It may cause problems if a drive that I thought would be 5 hours ended up being 8.

3. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 04:18